Prompt: Think of a time when you tried to persuade someone to agree with you, change their mind, or do something you wanted. What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?

 Prompt Response: I remember when i was trying to persuade my parents to get me a gaming laptop. I used pathos to appeal to my parents on how badly I wanted this computer. And I also used ethos to show my parents my grades on how well I was doing in school to further convince them to give me the laptop and even then I still did not get the laptop.

Summary: I learned how to use ethos, pathos,and logos in sentences

Reflection: This lesson of using ethos,pathos,and logos in class .helped me use these tactics to better persuade people to construct a better argument.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

Prompt: Think about an argument or disagreement that you wish you could have handled differently. What happened, what was your goal, and what would you do differently now? Use at least one idea from Chapters 1–3 of Thank You for Arguing in your response.